“[I]t is estimated that the overall fee to process your request will equal approximately One Thousand Sixty Four Dollars ($1,064.00),” read a disheartening letter I got from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, when I asked them to send me a list of what they confiscated at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport from 2003 to 2012.
Well, dang. Obviously that does not fit in the budget around here at greencracker.net.
And here I wanted to entertain y’all with a list of the things they confiscate, probably including “bottles containing cobra snakes” and “LGI grenade launcher” and “misc documents.”
So for your viewing pleasure, please see:
(1) The inspiration for my request, a list of things confiscated at Dulles, 2003 – 2011, as acquired by governmentattic.org, containing “bottles containing cobra snakes,” etc.
NB, this list cost governmentattic.org a whopping $14.
- Letters between the USDA and Georgia congressmen address biotech, trade, Greek yogurt
- Legislature honors 3.3k people, passes 831 laws, trashes 1.5k bills
- Data Journalism + Gapol Nerd = Atlas of Georgia Government
- Talbot County pines hide wetlands, grassy lands and controlled burn study
- EPD seeks to give away money — for water management